The award categories can be found below the LJ-cut. Feel free to nominate under as many or as few of the headings as you like. Remember, at this stage there's no limit to how many nominations you can submit for each category. The actual voting will begin once I've drawn up the shortlist of nominees.
You can't nominate yourself, although I will allow you to nominate your own posts, icons etc if you so wish. I'd appreciate brief reasons for each nomination (to help with presentation speeches later on), but it's not essential.
All comments for this post are screened.
The award categories are as follows...
Newbie of the Year
~~ A poster who has joined the community within the last few months and has already made a significant contribution - be it sharing lots of band info, bringing us humour, starting interesting threads, or anything else that has made them stand out as a favourite or important group member.
Veteran of the Year
~~ A poster who's been around for ages and who always makes a valued contribution to the community.
Website of the Year
~~ Best U2-related website, whether official or unofficial.
LJ Community of the Year
~~ Best U2-related community on LiveJournal. Glancing at our links list on the left-hand side, there are plenty to choose from... not forgetting this one!
Concept of the Year
~~ Anything that has captured your imagination within the U2 universe this year. Could be a band-supported cause, or an aspect of the tour that you loved, for example. This is a pretty open category.
Enormous Thread of the Year
~~ A post in this community that provoked an absolutely massive response for whatever reason.
Quote of the Year (LJ members)
~~ A classic quote uttered by one of the community members this year (preferably within the context of U2!)
Quote of the Year (the band)
~~ A classic quote uttered by a member of U2 this year.
Community Feature of the Year
~~ An aspect of this LJ community that you've particularly liked.
Most Comical Poster
~~ The community member who regularly cracks you up the most.
Expert of the Year
~~ A community member whose knowledge of U2 (either in general or on a specific topic) is impressive to all.
~~ The most impressive or amusing U2-related icon you've seen this year. Given the sheer volume of them I'd imagine you'll have a hard time picking favourites, so try to think of a real standout effort!
~~ U2 community member with the best username (doesn't have to be a U2-related name).
Band Member of the Year
~~ The member of U2 that you feel deserves a special award this year for whatever reason.
Live Song of the Year
~~ Any song that's been performed live by U2 this year (either on the tour or elsewhere) which has blown you away in its latest incarnation.
Performance of the Year
~~ A *specific* U2 performance of a song this year that has stood out above all others.
Concert of the Year
~~ Your favourite U2 show of 2005.
Post of the Year
~~ A post in this community that has stuck in your mind for being particularly brilliant in some way.
Discussion of the Year
~~ Most enjoyable or thought-provoking comment thread in this community.
Poster of the Year
~~ The overall most popular member of the community, who (for whatever reason) has made u2 an enjoyable place to be this year.
I'm also accepting suggestions for additional categories, whether serious or silly. The best ones will be included as an open vote (i.e. no shortlist).
Thanks to all the people who have already submitted nominations, I'm pleased with the way this is going so far. :) But *please* keep them coming! If you feel there's someone who's brightened the community this year and deserves some recognition, why not make their day by nominating them for an award? I particularly need additional nominations in the following categories:
- Veteran of the Year - are there any established figures in the community who are still as involved and valued as the newbies?
- Quote of the Year (LJ members) - has anyone in the community said something this year that made you think, smile, or just go "HELL YEAH!"? Immortalise those words now!
- Quote of the Year (the band) - think magazines, speeches, TV, award ceremonies, concerts! I could really do with more Adam and Larry quotes in particular.
- Most Comical Poster - who makes you laugh on here? It can include people who make funny icons or graphics, for example.
- Expert of the Year - who's always got the answers; who'd be your phone-a-friend when it comes to U2-related trivia?!
- Best Userpic - amusing, gorgeous, or whatever. If you can't find the one you like, just describe it as best you can and I'll try to track it down.
- Best Username - clever, funny, wish-I'd-thought-of-that...
- Performance of the Year - what's one occasion this year where U2 just blew you away?
- Concert of the Year - I can't believe more people haven't contributed to this one yet! Pick the best show you attended, or even one you didn't go to - it could be a great Vertigo bootleg you've downloaded, or just a show that stands out for having an amazing setlist or some significant event.
- Post of the Year - even if you can't find the URL, tell me if a specific post has stuck in your mind for some reason this year.
- Discussion of the Year - what was the comment thread you enjoyed the most? Again, don't worry if you can't actually find it.
- Poster of the Year - who's made the single biggest contribution to this community in 2005, in your opinion?