The exhibit will features a host of intriguing artifacts for fans - but you need to be in Cleveland, Ohio to catch it. And there's a pre-exhibition fan get-together being organised if you are in the area - more here www.atU2.com
Among the items featured over three floors will be:
- The leather jacket worn by Bono during the Super Bowl XXXVI half-time performance in 2001.
- Studded jeans and #7 shirt that The Edge wore during the Elevation Tour 2001
- The first U2 shirt, made by drummer Larry Mullen, Jr.
- The Irish Falcon Gretsch guitar Bono used during much of the Elevation Tour 2001
- First place trophy for a battle of the bands U2 won in 1978
- Stetson Bono wore during the Joshua Tree tour and featured on the cover of Rattle & Hum.
- Original lyric manuscripts including 'The Ocean', 'Bad', 'Indian Summer Sky', 'When Love Comes to Town', 'Stay (Faraway, So Close!)' and the revised lyrics to 'New York' following the events of September 11, 2001.
More on the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame here www.rockhall.com
And more useful information for U2 fans planning to make a visit here www.atU2.com