The song you choose needs lyrics. The lyrics cannot have any profanity , swearing violence, explicit sex, satanic messages or degradation to anyone or any group of people. It also cannot have any references, explicit or implied, about glorifying gangs or needles killing. After you choose your song, get a copy of all of the lyrics to help you answer the following questions. If you choose to present to the class (read the lyrics and play the song), be prepared to answer one or more of these questions for the class. (50 points/20 points extra credit)
1. Give the title and artist of this song.
2. Staple the lyrics to this sheet of paper. (No credit will be given without lyrics)
3. Why do you like this song?
4. Does the song inspire you? Startle you? Help you understand your own feelings? Make you angry? Happy? Explain.
5. What, if anything, does the song teach you about society? About relationships or interactions of friends? Sweethearts? Family? Explain.
6. Is the song optimistic or pessimistic? Explain why.
7. How does the title relate to this song? Is it a good title? Does it grab your attention?
8. What is the central theme of the song? (love, friendship, happiness, kindness, etc)
9. Is it a universal theme? (Does it happen all over the world?) Explain.
10. What is the mood of this song and how does the song present the mood? (example: cheerful, gentle, somber, etc)
11. What is the song's style? (rock 'n roll, country, jazz, children's, etc)
12. Give at least two examples of a poetic device. (simile, metaphor, onomatopoeia, hyperbole, personification, alliteration) Explain.
Note: No one has to fill that out! I just need some opinions on which song would fit the best to do this project on.