?

Log in

No account? Create an account

U2 LiveJournal

Hello Hello!!


October 16th, 2003

(no subject) @ 11:19 am

echoboom:
I'm currently hearin: SoftCell - Tainted Love

i finally bought the book,

U2 at the end of the world..

so far its really, really good..much better than i had thought....
 
Share  |  Flag |

Comments

 
From:ravendhi
Date:October 16th, 2003 11:24 am (UTC)
(Link)
Hee! I loved that book! Laughed till I cried at some parts ^_^ Enjoy!
[User Picture Icon]
From:socruel
Date:October 16th, 2003 12:41 pm (UTC)
(Link)
that was a gooooood book. look for the part where bono talks about downloading music in the 'future'!!
[User Picture Icon]
From:canadanne
Date:October 16th, 2003 02:55 pm (UTC)
(Link)
It's the best book EVAR!
[User Picture Icon]
From:roads_outgrown
Date:October 16th, 2003 01:09 pm (UTC)
(Link)
The Book.
From:cat2150
Date:October 16th, 2003 01:51 pm (UTC)
(Link)
The U2 Bible.
[User Picture Icon]
From:canadanne
Date:October 16th, 2003 02:53 pm (UTC)

(Link)
Yes... THE Book. It is worthy of great worship. I think I spent 95% of my reading time in hysterics (with the other 5% being the really moving parts that brought a lump to my throat). I made it last for weeks, and when I finally finished reading the book, it did feel like the end of the world.
[User Picture Icon]
From:la_vation
Date:October 16th, 2003 01:34 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Bill Flanagan is a genius. Laughed me arse off on "Bondi Beach", you will too, trust me. I'm thankful that I never had the chance to be in all that mayhem, it would have driven me nuts.
[User Picture Icon]
From:carobanano
Date:October 16th, 2003 08:15 pm (UTC)

it is good indeed!

(Link)
I just finished The Book, the u2 Bible, etc. a few days ago. I praised its glories many a time in my lj. I am madly in love with it!!!

I am also madly in love with my public library for carrying it!

They also have U2: The Unforgettable Fire (an 80's biography). Has anyone here read it? Is it any good?
[User Picture Icon]
From:canadanne
Date:October 17th, 2003 07:19 am (UTC)

Re: it is good indeed!

(Link)
Unforgettable Fire: it's alright, there are some really funny bits and it's cool to read about the band members' childhoods, but it's not a patch on U2 At The End Of The World. (Partly because it's not set in the ZooTV era, admittedly!)  There are also loads of wild inaccuracies in it, so you have to take some of it with a pinch of salt.
[User Picture Icon]
From:rockontheedge
Date:October 17th, 2003 03:34 am (UTC)
(Link)
Heh. I checked mine out of the library in April and uh....still haven't returned it even though i finished it a long time ago. I keep forgetting to. I'm sure i've probably got some thirty dollar fine on it now...

U2 LiveJournal

Hello Hello!!